Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-03-27

Amir Khan to Take a Small Break from Boxing

March 26 2009 17:20 PST

Well, fresh off of his victory over Marco Antonio Barrera, British Desi boxer Amir Khan is ready to take a break and fall back. He was going to spar with current Ring Magazine #1 Pound for Pound boxer in the world Manny Pacquiao. He is going to heal up from his fight following doctor's orders and just not do anything for month before revving up for his next bout in June.

Even if he did decide to spar with Pacquiao or Pacquiao's opponent, fellow Brit Ricky Hatton, Amir Khan doesn't see how useful the sparring match would be.

"My style is completely different to Ricky's, so I can't see myself being any help to Manny - even if I did spar with him," Khan said. "I don't see myself in the ring with him anyway because they've just taken the stitches out of my eye. The doctor says I need a few weeks not doing anything or being hit because it could open up again."

Amir Khan attributes the lack of need in fighting Pacquiao to a contrast in styles that would only give Khan more knowledge down the line.

"Now, even if I did spar with Manny, it'll help me more than it will help him," Khan said. "I've got a fast, moving style whereas Ricky's a bit more flat footed. He walks forward, is more of a pressure fighter and hits a lot harder. I think it's pointless for Manny to spar with me because I've got a completely different style to Ricky."

The Urdu fighter is torn choosing between Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton as he is friends with both. Khan has become good friends with Pacquiao since joining up with trainer Freddie Roach, who will be in the Filipino's corner when he faces Hatton at the MGM Grand. While he doesn't share trainers with Hatton, they are both from England, so there's a national pride there that he is cognizant of. Either way, Khan believes the fight which will take place May 2 in Las Vegas will be a memorable one.

"It's a 50-50 fight," Khan said. They're both explosive and it just depends who's better on the night. When it's a massive occasion they both always perform. I'm just going to be sat supporting both fighters. I'm looking forward to enjoying a night of boxing as I'm normally in there fighting myself. It's going to be a bit of a change for me and I'm ready to enjoy a good fight."

While Amir Khan's match against Marco Antonio Barrera was highly anticipated, it will not be as hyped up as the Pacquiao /Hatton match as some circles believe that the winner of that bout will fight the currently retired former light heavyweight champion of the world Floyd Mayweather Jr. Amir Khan believes Floyd's as good as any fighter ever to wear the gloves inside the ring.

"Floyd's a great fighter. He's not had too many wars and he's still got a lot left in the tank," Khan said. "If you've got someone like him fighting the winner of Hatton-Pacquiao, it's going to be a massive, explosive clash."

What do you guys think about this? Do you think he should help out his buddies in preparation for a match? Do you think he's doing the right thing by taking a break? Drop us a comment with your thoughts below.

Amir Khan posing with the UK flag

RATE:

(5.0)


No comments: