Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-05-21

T.I. Prison Sentence Reduced to 61 Days



T.I. in a gray suit walking of courtAfter facing as much as 30 years and being convicted to a much lesser term of 366 days, T.I. will be serving merely 61 days in an Arkansas prison on weapons charges. As he turns himself in later this month, he will likely be out of prison likely by the end of July. That's a far cry from having to serve a year and a day which was his official sentence back in March.

T.I.'s prison sentence was reduced to 61 days due to time the judge feels was already served. Prior to his trial on gun charges, T.I. was on house arrest, with a monitoring device attached to his ankle. T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, took the time out to chat on his blog, reflect back on everything that led to these chain of events, and most importantly for the fans, pick up the pen and begin writing the music that would eventually become 2008's "Paper Trail." After serving 305 days on house arrest, the judge felt that he could credit that time as "time served" to T.I. and shave that off of his 366-day sentence. What a reasonable judge!

T.I. will turn himself in at the end of the month to a prison in Forrest City, Arkansas. While T.I. may have had some luck (or at least to some, preferential treatment), his status as a celebrity will not matter once he exchanges his courtroom suit for a prison suit. He will have a roommate and will be kept with the general population. There are 1,500 inmates in the general population and he will likely be assigned a job in the prison, as well as being able to use the recreation yard. No word yet on what job he might take, but he'll likely do in there what he was doing in preparation for his trial: write rhymes that will become songs for his next project.

Now that T.I. finally knows how much time he will actually serve, are you happy to know that he will be out even before the summer ends? Do you hope a new T.I. album gets released this year? Drop us a comment with your thoughts.

No comments: