Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-07-25

Exclusive Interview With 'Bollywood Hero's' Pooja Kumar

Film Still from 'Bollywood Hero'

Last time we talked to VJ-turned-actress, Pooja Kumar, she was back in the States ready to promote her newest project, 'Bollywood Hero', a three part mini-series for the IFC network. Now that its air date is just a few weeks away and the excitement is rising, Desi Hits! got in touch with Pooja to find out the juicy details. From her personal adventure to working with Hollywood and Bollywood stars like Chris Kattan and Neha Dhupia, Pooja tells DH! how it felt.

First off, we know 'Bollywood Hero' is a romantic comedy but, can you tell us a little bit more about the premise?

It's a three- part TV mini-series about an American comedian who goes to Bollywood to become a hero. It is premiering on the IFC Network August 6th, 7th, and 8th. I play the character of Priya Kapoor, who manages the famous Bollywood Film Studio-Kapoor Studios. My brother Monty Kapoor, played by Ali Faizal, hires Chris [Kattan] to be in our latest production and that is where the drama unfolds! This is a romantic comedy with a Bollywood twist.

From signing for a 3-part mini-series on the web to having posters and advertisements on New York City buses, this show has really expanded its reaches tremendously-- how did that happened? What was the journey like?

I was visiting Mumbai in January - just as I was about to catch a flight back to New York, I received a call regarding this amazing international project for American Television that stars the charming and witty Chris Kattan. When I heard the story and the actors who would be involved, I jumped at the opportunity! Anjula Acharia Bath, the President/Chairman of Desi Hits! recommended my name to the producers - she really believes in me and the work that I have done. Plus, she thought I fit the role of the lead actress and did not want me to pass up on this wonderful opportunity. I met Chris 3 days before the shooting began and there was instant chemistry - we got along great!

This project gave you the opportunity to work with some really big names, from Bollywood and Hollywood. That must have been quite the experience. What was the chemistry like between you, Chris Kattan and Neha Dhupia?

I was visiting Mumbai in January - just as I was about to catch a flight back to New York, I received a call regarding this amazing international project for American Television that stars the charming and witty Chris Kattan. When I heard the story and the actors who would be involved, I jumped at the opportunity!

I was very fortunate to work with an amazing cast and crew. From Hollywood we had Chris Kattan, from Saturday Night Live, [and] Julian Sands (A Room with A View), Keanu Reeves, Maya Rudolf, and David Allen Grier doing cameos. From Bollywood we had Neha Dhupia, Rachna Shah, Ali Faizel, as well as the same line production team as 'Slumdog Millionaire' that included our line producer Tabrez Noorani. Furthermore, our Director of Photography was from Israel and our Director was from Australia! What a phenomenal ensemble of cast and crew. Chris, Neha, and I were a great team and always in sync. Acting with them seemed effortless. Furthermore since the entire production team was a tightly knit group, the chemistry between us was very comfortable and we were able to finish the shooting 5 days ahead of schedule.

We ran into the article from the Bombay Times that said you are actually the true lead in the show and not Neha Dhupia. What was that all about?

'Bollywood Hero' advertisement on NYC bus!
Take a look at this impressive advertisement on a New York City bus for 'Bollywood Hero'.

Firstly, Neha and I are friends and there is no bad blood between us to my knowledge. Secondly, we all know the media loves to hype up everything and add a little bit of their own masala. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the article and quite frankly, I don't understand why. I can't recall any comment about Neha and her role in the project. All I stated was the truth: I am the romantic lead actress opposite Chris Kattan. Trust me; we're not in a cat-fight unless there's something I don't know...

What is next? Where do you go from here?

I have two other feature films coming out very soon. One is called "Bollywood Beats" starring Lillette Dubey, Sarita Joshi, Sachin Bhatt, Mehul Shah, and Mansi Patel. I play the character of Laxmi, a south Indian who had an arranged marriage and comes to the United States for the first time. The other film is called "Drawing with Chalk" and it's about an Indian woman married to an American musician and how they struggle between choosing their career and family. Currently, I am involved in producing a Bollywood romantic comedy in English filmed in New York.

In addition, I have a few offers regarding various projects- each is unique in genre and style. I will share them all with you very soon!

Thank you all for your continued support, encouragement, and love.

No comments: