Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-08-14

Rachel McAdams: Nudity shouldn't be a big deal


Rachel McAdams hasn't tackled a role in a tear-jerking romance since she starred opposite Ryan Gosling in 2004's "The Notebook." Now, she's paired with Eric Bana in "The Time Traveler's Wife," based on the best-selling novel. He travels through time, but always manages to make it back to her.

Rachel McAdams

But, in an interview with PARADE, Rachel talks about some issues she has with exploring the past and future.

On not being ready for a relationship with a time traveler: "No. Not a chance. He'd be out the door first time it happened. Oh, wait a minute, I forgot the scene in the film where he's been in the future and knows the winning lottery numbers. Maybe, I have to rethink that."

On what she'd bring back from the future: "Actually, there are things that I wouldn't want to know. There is something comforting about it all being left to fate or circumstance. On the other hand, I just read a book about a group of women in their 30s writing to their younger selves. They gave themselves some really nice advice and I would appreciate that. I think my older, wiser self could tell me a few great things."

Search: Rachel McAdams
View results for:

On believing in love that lasts: "I've seen a lot of couples who seem to have found that. I think a lot of people are with the one they're meant to be with. I see it just watching my parents because they've been together for so long and are still very much in love. I'm just sort of in awe of that. I confess I am a romantic. I love romance, and I think it's really fun and delicious and some of my favorite films are love stories. I think that you just get a chance to fall in love with the characters so much and you get to explore their lives so deeply."

On Eric Bana in the nude: "After he comes back from time traveling, he doesn't have a stitch on. I don't think he went to the gym to get ready for those scenes. Eric comes pre-pumped. He kept telling me he doesn't do abs because they're for people with no friends. I personally think you can have a really rich and full life with no abs. Abs are for wimps."

On getting naked on-screen: "When you're playing a fictional character, it's as normal and mundane as eating breakfast. What bothers me is our culture's obsession with nudity. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it is. I think this overemphasis with nudity makes actors nervous. There's the worry about seeing one's body dissected, misrepresented, played and replayed on the Internet."

On making the right career choices: "I'm trying to do things that make sense to me and things that I'm excited about. I think that if you are excited that comes across. And you need to remember why you took the job in the first place because you're going to have those rough days where you're like, 'What are we doing, is this going to work out? I'm totally sucking today.' That's when you have to remind yourself, 'I wanted to do this because of a, b, and c, and I can't predict the outcome but, hopefully, since I love it, other people will too.'"

On choices that can't be explained: "I definitely believe that you are drawn to certain things for inexplicable reasons, but in a very powerful way. I don't know what it is exactly, but I know that things happen kind of miraculously sometimes, and so I'm willing to believe that there's something pretty magical out there. I just couldn't tell you what it is."

On why her movies never measure up: "I wish I could just step back and watch a film I'm in and be carried away. But what I see on the screen never encapsulates the experience; that hour and a half never sums up the shooting of it and the relationships you made and the trials and tribulations. So I always am left with a sense of longing. I'm always happy with what's there and I'm so excited when it all comes together. But it's never representative of the whole package."

On the best part of co-starring in the upcoming "Sherlock Holmes": "I play a woman who is really her own boss and a real free spirit, so it was a different kind of role for me to play. The costumes were fabulous. I'm such a girly-girl, so I was in heaven just being dressed in all these great gowns and things. It really was like out of 'Gone With the Wind.' Then there were the corsets. I would try to push my stomach out when they were coming to strap me in, so I could get a little more breathing room. Their trick was to make me laugh and then they'd tighten me up. I admit breathing properly was a problem. But it was so much fun to be that authentic."

No comments: