Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-07-13

Interview with a Fashion Blogger: Fashion Me Fabulous


Today we're interviewing the gals behind fashion blog, Fashion Me Fabulous. Their blog is for every woman and provides readers with daily content, weekly features and they often create cool Polyvore sets to illustrate their blog topics! We caught up with Jael Paris and Becca of Fashion Me Fabulous to learn more about them and their thoughts on Polyvore.

Tell us about yourself and how you started blogging.

Jael Paris: I'm a 26-year old word nerd from Indiana. Both of my parents were clothes horses, so I come by it naturally. Becca said, "Hey, stylish friend of mine, please write for my blog." I'm certainly not an expert in the field of fashion, but I love to read about fashion history and design principles.

Becca: I’m a 24-year old Detrioter living in Chicago and a writer and editor working in online media. I started blogging to keep my portfolio current after college. I don’t have a formal fashion background, but I always dreamed of working at a fashion magazine, which is why I chose to blog about fashion.

Tell us more about Fashion Me Fabulous.

Jael Paris: Fashion Me Fabulous is like a shopping trip with your girlfriends. It's meant to be light and fun. We've geared it toward other young women who enjoy being cute and funky while still being practical. If you look at our tags, you'll notice we love talking about dresses, shoes, and independent designers on Etsy. Our Etsy love is fierce.

Becca: Fashion Me Fabulous is a general fashion/shopping blog. It was started in September of 2007. FMF focuses on affordable, accessible fashion. Both Jael and I are from the Midwest so we love to write about fashion that is accessible, practical and available everywhere, rather than just in major fashion cities. We love to discuss shoes, vintage clothing, great Etsy shops, thrift stores, and fashion as art and expression.

How did you discover Polyvore? And what do you like most about it?

Jael Paris: I used to do ‘Play the Shoe Stylist’ on Shoewawa and another reader submitted a set using Polyvore. I've been on almost every day since then. It's a perfect way to experiment with trends and Polyvore also helps me get a quick view of what is popular.

How do you use Polyvore sets on your blog?

Jael Paris: We use Polyvore sets at least once a week in our $150 Challenge. Fridays are frequently about whatever is currently inspiring me, and I'll throw together a handful of looks based on a theme like military clothing or the work of Alphonse Mucha.



Tell us about your favorite post on Fashion Me Fabulous blog that featured Polyvore sets.

Jael Paris: Just focusing on text, I like my post about my own style evolution. The sets I put together illustrate my points better than old photographs would have. If we're just going off of the set itself, I love the anti-Valentine's look I put together for my friend whose husband was overseas at the time. It's a great example of how Polyvore allows me to use clothing to say more than "Pretty! Want! Trendy!"


Becca: I love the Outfit Inspiration posts Jael writes with artists as inspiration (Alphonse Mucha, Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock). It's like she uses Polyvore to create mini fashion editorials
[Jael Paris: Those artist inspiration posts were actually the suggestion of a reader.]


Picasso Bright
Picasso Bright by Fashion Me Fabulous on Polyvore.com

Has Polyvore made it easier for you to blog about fashion?

Jael Paris: Polyvore makes it much easier to keep track of trends and which designer showed what. I've found a few times that I needed to find something from a few seasons ago, and Polyvore was the only place I could find it. Plus, I'm web-shy because of work, and I can use Polyvore to illustrate an outfit without posting pictures of myself.

What are your favorite brands/designers?

Jael Paris: I'm a McQueen nut; he appeals to my macabre-feminine aesthetic. You could call me an Anglophile, because I love Marios Swab and Gareth Pugh, too. This season, I'm also into clothes from Dolce & Gabana, Balmain, and accessories by Viktor & Rolf. Dior and Fendi have yet to disappoint.

Becca: I dream of Chanel, a J. Mendel evening gown, Vera Wang, Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs, a great Betsey Johnson party frock, Christian Dior, Givenchy, Oscar de la Renta, Prada, a Burberry trench coat, a DVF wrap dress... This list does not have an end.

What's your trend forecast for the coming season?

Jael Paris: The economy is not doing well, and design houses are suffering along with us. Most of the runway looks for Fall/Winter 09 were hesitant to push new trends. Expect a continuation of what we've seen for a few seasons -- big shoulders, rock star edge, belts, sequins, major shoes and piles of black.

How would you like to impact the fashion world and can Polyvore help you?

Jael Paris: If anything, we want women to be comfortable with who they are. Polyvore is a place for experimentation and expression, so we're a good mix.

Last, but never least... Got any feature requests for the Polyvore team?

Jael Paris: I wouldn't mind a rotating tool in the editor or being able to search my items by color.

No comments: