Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-07-10

Kal Penn Officially Goes from White Castle to the White House!


Kal Penn at a PodiumBy Ratanjot Rekhi

As we told you before, Kal Penn has put acting on the back burner and began working with the Obama Administration. We saw Kal Penn meet with the ex-president in 'Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay;' this time however, he will be with the new president on completely different measures! The ex-actor started working for the White House at the start of this week as the Associate Director in the White House's Office of Public Liaison & Intergovernmental Affairs. Who would have thought that the relaxed and humorous stoner, 'Kumar,' would be working for the government one day?

The new Associate Director, who prefers to be called by his birth-name, Kalpen Modi by co-workers, does not think that his celebrity status will disrupt his professional life at all. When asked how he prepared for his first day at work by 'New York Magazine,' Modi replied, "I brushed my teeth. I flossed. I used mouthwash. I took the bus to work - the same things that everybody does ... I expect to be treated just like any other staff member."

The new White House worker did not reveal a great deal about the much anticipated film, 'A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas,' set to release in November 2010. We are all wondering if Kumar will be replaced with a new face as he tells fans, "Obviously, I enjoyed being in the Kumar role in the past and I found those to be a lot of fun... [But] at the moment I've decided to take a step away from acting, so I hope that the folks who make the 'Harold & Kumar' films will respect my decision to work in public service."

What do you think about the ex-actor's decision? Do you think that he will still star in the next film, despite the controversial issues and time restraints? How do you feel about a replacement Kumar? Let us know your thoughts.

No comments: