Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-08-16

Video: DH! Readers Meet Keri Hilson



You've seen the video, and got to see her interact with her fans, but didn't that just leave you wanting more of the beautiful Keri Hilson? Well, Desi Hits delivers a full interview below! We caught up with her in Scotland, where we ask Keri about her music, her travels and her roller coaster of a musical journey.

by Anita Chatterjee, Editor-in-Chief

Keri recently released her album, "In a Perfect World..." We asked how she feels about it and what she's working on now. "I am a perfectionist and until it's up to 200%, I'm not happy. I am very pleased with my album. I wanted to see how women feel about life and love and I tried to paint a real picture. I wanted to inspire them to embrace their insecurities and vulnerabilities. At this point, I have been touring for a year and would like to be working on a second album. I have some tracks that didn't make the album and still want to make music that the entire world could listen to.

Keri was a songwriter before she was known as a singer and songwriter. She talked with us about her journey and how it began. "I have been in two groups in which I did the writing. We recorded and I guess after a while, they just dissolved. After that I took up another passion, which was song writing, almost like a Plan B. I didn't even know such a job existed! Then, I worked with Kelly Rowland, Chris Brown, Toni Braxton, Usher, and Ne-Yo. So it just happened."

Songwriters often do not get the credit others get in the industry. As a now singer and songwriter, Keri has seen more of the business. How does she feel about singing now and if songwriters get the credit they deserve? "Singing was a true dream to me. I have done it over my 8 or 9-year journey, but I thought it was just a dream. When I was doing just the writing I felt unfulfilled."

About songwriters getting the credit they deserve, "It's a producer driven game. Songwriters are kind of getting more recognition now, but the producer still gets paid more, first, and is also more popular. I think we songwriters deserve a little bit more props in the industry."

What about working with Timbaland? Keri said it was "Amazing! I felt like it wasn't real, like a roller coaster ride in the ocean. It was too good to be true. Working with Timbaland was a great learning experience. Also, learning that I inspire him was really good. Knowing that you inspire someone that you look up to is amazing. It's nice, you know, we take nothing too seriously. When we work we have a lot of fun." She also recently worked with Britney Spears and said, "It was a major feeling because I grew up listening to her and she was someone I never expected to work with."

Other collaborations Keri is interested in? "I would love to work with Ryan Leslie (his album or mine), Jazmine Sullivan, Lilly Allen and Robin from Sweden."

As a world traveler, you hear a lot of different music, how does it influence you? "I would be a fool to be able to travel and not listen to and appreciate the different music that I hear. I love different music and I want to make music for the entire world. I have succeeded in more ways than one. This is my introduction to the world; like Dubai, Asia, and Cape Town. Places around the world, I have never been are listening to my music and that feels really good."

We told Keri her beauty is quite a buzz in the South Asian culture. "I am actually wearing a necklace right now that I was told says 'bliss' in Hindi. You should tell me what it really means! I will take a picture and send it to you now." Next we asked if she'd met any famous Indian producers? " Well yes, I met the producer of 'Jai Ho' [A.R. Rahman]." Have you considered going to India? "Yes, I would love to go!"

Any message for your fans at DesiHits!? "Just be yourself. There is so much to life. There is nothing like confidence and pursuing your goals. Work towards your dream, no matter what you are trying to pursue. I'm thankful for the things that I have. I can't believe that I could see my albums on shelves. To my fans, if they would like to know what the real life of an artist is they can follow me on twitter at MissKeribaby. I update it every minute every hour."

No comments: