It was a steaming hot day outside the Nokia Theater for the 2009 Emmy Awards, but that didn't stop A-listers from coming out in droves to celebrate television's biggest night of the year.
Count down our top five fashion hits and misses from the red carpet and weigh in on your picks:
5. Did Jon Cryer just come from a Harry Potter convention? The Two and a Half Men star took an unconventional route with a yellow-striped sweater vest under his pinstriped black suit. Not loving the mismatched tie, either. See it here.
4. Yes, we all know it was a balmy day for to be wearing a suit, but it looks like True Blood star Ryan Kwanten really had a rough night. Can someone straighten out the poor guy's tie? See it here.
3. While electric blue looks quite stunning with Sarah Silverman's dark hair, her ginourmous draped pockets make it look like she's hiding small children at her sides. See it here.
2. Leighton Meester looks 15 years older than she is in this layered white gown. The severe knots upon her shoulder are too dramatic and her hips appear to be much larger than they are. See it here.
1. Padma Lakshmi's multi-strapped purple gown is nothing to write home about, but the mess of red roses against her hip is another story. It looks like a growth in dire need of removal. See it here.
5. How I Met Your Mother's Alyson Hannigan looks great in this black, tiered strapless mermaid gown. The simplicity of the look helps showcase her hair and awesome post-baby body. See it here.
4. Emmy host Neil Patrick Harris suits up and does his How I Met Your Mother character Barney Stinson proud in this two-button tux. See it here.
3. Vanessa Williams couldn't have picked a better dress to compliment her coloring than this turquoise gown. The quasi-corseted top flatters her figure beautifully. See it here.
2. Grey's Anatomy star Sandra Oh goes with a straight strapless cut that flatters her figure. Note the gown's intricate embroidery. See it here.
1. Classic beauty Mariska Hargitay looks elegant in this shiny silver dress. The V-neck top and mermaid-style bottom are perfect for the SVU star's frame. See it here.