Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-09-14

Kamini Says: Bollywood Stars Should Sell Everything



Bollywood stars are selling paint? When Konkona Sen Sharma and Irrfan Khan signed on as brand ambassadors for Kansai Nerolac Paints I immediately thought give me a break! All I could think is, what next, endorsements for nail clippers?

It's possible that celebrity endorsements have gone too far. We may no longer be able to purchase mundane products like paint and counter tops without thinking about our relationship to Bollywood. We may ask how this cabinet could bring us that much closer to our favorite stars. What would Akshay Kumar think of this wood stain? Will we consider buying anything that a celebrity isn't selling to us again?

Then I watched the ad. I take back my concerns because I like it. When Konkona and Irrfan are angry at life and each other then find that long lost flute as they repaint their home and reconnect over it, I'm hooked. It makes me want to reconnect with my enthusiam for life too. It's my own little Bollywood movie in my everyday existence.

I figure why not, Bollywood stars should sell us everything! I want a little Bollywood in every moment of my day. I want to decide which toothpaste to buy after watching Deepika Padukone brushing her teeth before being on the set that day. I want A.R. Rahman to show me what radio station to play after connecting with an old friend.

I initially wanted Bollywood to be more glamorous than my everyday purchases. We seem to be headed toward more reality television and celebrities in our everyday lives. I've decided to enjoy it! Maybe I'm pushing things a little far, but why not? Bollywood is about excess!

More Chatter...

John Abraham told DH! editor that Abhishek Bachchan is his favorite co-star even though he's a little hairy. A good guy can see past the facial hair!

Rani Mukherji said her favorite scene in "Dil Bole Hadippa" was the dance with Rakhi Sawant. Maybe Rani will compete for Rakhi's drama spotlight next!

With a top notch rank in high society, Kamini Chatterjee knows who’s who. From a nightclub in Mumbai to a boutique in Soho, Kamini is everywhere. She's a jetsetter with an agenda. If you have something she wants, whether it's the juiciest gossip or latest handbag, she'll get it. And you thought your secret (or Prada) was safe!
RATE:

(3.0)

No comments: