Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-04-25

Celina Jaitley Reveals Her First Boyfriend was Gay


By: Mufsin Mahbub

Celina Jaitley has met with great success with films like 'No Entry' and 'Golmaal Returns' by sizzling up the screen with her presence.

Apart from her films, Celina's commendable work for gay rights has also kept her busy. She walked at the Gay Parade held in Mumbai but not many know what actually made her fight for the gay, bisexual and transgender cause. Celina revealed to Stardust Magazine that the first man she fell in love with turned out to be gay.

"My first boyfriend was gay and that's the reason I continued being a gay rights activist." The only question is how did she discover he was gay?

"I had newly moved to study in Kolkata and had also just started modeling. I met him there when I went to a nightclub for the first time in my life. We became good friends. He later proposed and I accepted eagerly as I had never been in a relationship in my life before. I got to know that he was gay within a couple of months but didn't know how to deal with it. He wouldn't accept it openly that he was gay and continued relationships with other men while I remained a girlfriend to show everyone he was straight."

But Celina doesn't hold any grudges. "He came out of the closet soon after and we ended up becoming good friends but he dealt with the dilemma and trauma of abusive relationships, hiding his sexuality from his parents and family. His story ended last year when he passed away of heart failure due to bulimia. But the long lost love for this person also continues be a major factor in my life to pursue my quest for gay rights in India. I've had gay friends all my life. They always stood by me whenever I needed them. There was a time when if you were a homosexual, you were considered a eunuch. Unfortunately, that was the understanding of homosexuality in India. I realized I couldn't sit quietly anymore and I had to stand up," she said.

Celina had faced hurdles for supporting this cause. "There is a Bollywood website where they have abused me and called me a lesbian. I have got threatening letters from certain cultural activists but I have carried on because somebody has to take the first step. This is a human rights issue and not a charity. I worked with a gay group in Kolkata for homosexuals as well. I have also worked in HIV awareness camps. I hope to do much more and the health ministry is also very supportive of it. There is a student community, which has supported my Facebook group," she informs.

Celina also had no doubts about playing a homosexual on screen. "If John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan can do it, I am sure somebody and I can do it also. There is nothing wrong in it. Love has no language - be it between two men, women or heterosexuals. Whether you portray it in a funny or provocative way, love is love," she states.

Now that you have read to her story, we want your opinion on Celina Jaitley's support for homosexuals. Is she doing the right thing standing up for what she believes in? Since she mentioned that she has no problem playing a lesbian on screen, do you think she can pull it off? Give us your thoughts on this actress-turned-activist.

Celina Jaitley reveals boyfriend is gay

No comments: