Video review: Apple iPhone 5

click Here / visite here

Computer,Mobail,Sports,Fashion,Beauty,Love + Sex,Manage Your Life,Food,News See here-dhileep-annai-illam.blogspot.com

2009-03-17

Exclusive Interview: Katrina Kaif


January 16 2009 20:25 PST

We got up close and personal with Katrina Kaif! Read the interview below and find out about her new endorsement, films and more!

DH!: So in your new campaign for Nakshatra diamonds, you look ridiculously stunning! Can you tell us more about the shoot?

Katrina Kaif: Thank-you, it's been a wonderful journey; we had an amazing time shooting the commercial. My dear friend Ahmed Khan was the choreographer, who was kind enough to help us out. We've tried our best. It's an amazing concept, what we're tried to do is to tie in the elements of astrology, seeing what diamonds and gems symbolize. We've gotten a wonderful response; hope the journey continues to be successful.

DH!: In the ad you play the goddess of luck. Are you really good luck?

Katrina Kaif: (Laughs) I am so glad you brought that up. We are in no way incorporating that I am the goddess of luck. The ad represents a goddess of luck with elements of Astrology and gem energies and I am simply playing the character.

DH!: Are you really into Astrology?

Katrina Kaif: I am not completely into it. However, it does excite me, when I meet someone who can read hands or who is into stars and numbers. It's good to get a glimpse of what's in store for you. I have met people who have sworn that certain gems have helped them a lot. I guess the energies that many of these gems contain when connected, they can change your life for the better.

DH!: So are diamonds really a girl's best friend?

Katrina Kaif: Diamonds symbolize security. They are forever. You can pass them on to the next generation and I think that's the reason why diamonds are so special for almost all women, including myself.

DH!: Was the reason you decided to work for Nakshatra luck or so you could get some luck?

Katrina Kaif: (Takes a long pause) I find Nakshatra has beautiful collection, I am not the one who is too fond of loud jewelry, and Nakshatra completely suits my personality. I can connect with the designs rather comfortably. Besides this is the company that has done the best in the business. So why not opt for it? I am the kind of person who chooses my brands only if I use them or believe in them. I love the designs that Nakshatra offers. They have something for every occasion. I've heard them being the ambassador of this trade mark, has helped me as well as the company. Together we can continue to have a great partnership (smiles).

DH!: Was it scary to have to replace Aishwarya Rai?

Katrina Kaif: Not really. It's business and one needs to move on from time to time. I have no problems with Aishwarya, she did a great job being the brand ambassador to Nakshatra and now it's my turn.

DH!: Did you consult anyone before taking up the Nakshatra offer?

Katrina Kaif: No, I make my own decisions. As I said earlier, if I believe in something I will endorse it.

DH!: So why didn't you go to any New Year's parties this past year?

Katrina Kaif: I did sign up for an event, but things in Mumbai got pretty out of control. Thus the event organizers and I decided to bail out on the event. Plus it doesn't sound good to perform and party when the city is destructed to such an extent.

DH!: How do you feel about being voted the sexiest female in India this year?

Katrina Kaif: It's a great honor that I am appreciated by so many people. But honestly, I don't find myself sexy. I have to thank my fans for their constant love and support. I just don't know what else to say. Frankly I was quite overwhelmed with the title.

DH!: What's it like working with Ranbir Kapoor in "Ooty"?

Katrina Kaif: Ranbir is so fun to work with. We had a great time shooting for Rajkumar Santoshi's "Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani" for about two months. It was a real stress buster for me, from the city life.

DH!: So everyone is dying to know more about the "slapping" incident!

Katrina Kaif: (Laughs) I am going to get Ranbir for that. Actually I am quite accident prone. Ranbir poor thing missed his cue and slapped me really hard. My face was all puffed up and we had to cancel shooting for the day.

DH!: Was the film city accident next?

Katrina Kaif: Oh gosh yes! (Blushes) I was shooting for Priyadharshi's "Dhan Dhana Dhan" at film city. I had to shoot underwater. My leg got tangled under the water. Akki (Akshay Kumar) came to my rescue. I am taking my time to recover from it.

DH!: Is it true that Deepika Padukone visited the set of "Ooty" to spy on Ranbir and you who are supposedly having an affair?

Katrina Kaif: An affair? Ha, that's utter rubbish (sarcastically laughs it off). Deepika did visit us and we had some great times with her on set. This was the first time I got to spend so much time with her. I do not know of any problem that might have happened between the two, it's their personal issue and I am no where a part of it.

DH!: Is is it true that things are so bad with you and Salman Khan right now, that you didn't even go to his birthday party?

Katrina Kaif: It's too personal to answer that. People know that I am not the kind of person to talk about my personal life. I just didn't go to the birthday party because I had a leg injury a few weeks ago, and I kept myself isolated. My absence at his birthday was blown completely out of proportion. (Grins), if people want to believe rumors, well than I cannot do anything much about it, can I?

DH!: Is there any truth to the rumor that you and Zarine Khan supposedly went off on each other on the set of "Veer" when you were visiting?

Katrina Kaif: (Looks down) I really don't understand why people spread rumors like this. I went once to the set of Veer to meet Salman. I had my day off, and decided to just go on the set and meet Vipul as well. There's nothing more to it. I have nothing against Zarina, she was doing her job. I was minding my own business and she was minding hers. I didn't meet Salman on his birthday either, so this was a good opportunity to catch up with him as well.

DH!: Which are you looking more forward to "Dhan Dhana Dhan" or "Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani"?

Katrina Kaif: "Dhan Dhana Dhan" has me and Akshay Kumar in it, which is something I look forward to, whereas me and Ranbir are together for the first in "Ajab Prem", so I would love to know how that's going to turn out to be. (Smiles)

Collage of pictures of Katrina Kaif For interview

Katrina Kaif Picture for interview

RATE:

(3.7)

No comments: